It’s Friday 13th, and unluckily for you here I am popping up in your inbox again. Luckily for you, there is an enormous amount of social enterprise news to get your teeth into. The people who complain that this is too long are not going to be happy this week.
Enjoy your weekend – I’m off to see Blade Runner later.
It’s not long until our Third Sector Digital Leaders course gets underway on October 25th. If you still need a reason to book a place, here are five for you:
1. You’ll receive support for your charity or social enterprise to use digital more strategically. It’s no longer an option for third sector organisations to ignore digital; Third Sector Digital Leaders will help you to understand the risks and opportunities to your organisation. We’ll keep it as jargon free as possible.
2. You’ll hear from some of the finest voices working in digital today. We’ve got speakers lined up from RNIB, Small Charities Coalition, FutureGov, Services Sound and Vision, Green Park , Playtpus Digital and more. We’ll cover everything from fundraising, reputation management, service delivery and analytics through to recruitment and social media.
3. You’ll have fun! Let’s be honest, a lot of training can be pretty dull. This course certainly isn’t.
4. You’ll join a growing community of sector professionals tackling digital challenges together. During the course you’ll have the opportutnity to share ideas with other participants (including over a glass of prosecco) and you’ll then be able to join an active Facebook group of course alumni once the course is over.
5. You can still get an early-bird discount! We had an issue with our website which meant that I couldn’t turn off early-bird booking last week. I still haven’t got round to it…
Uh-oh, some of the letters have fallen off my subject line. Cough. Can you hear me? Cough. Someone give me a throat sweet. What’s this? A P45. How did this chap get in here? Cough. Nothing has changed! Nothing has changed! This introduction really isn’t going very well. I suppose we’d better just crack on with the news…
Today is Ask A Stupid Question Day (click the link, I’m not making it up). “What’s that?”, I hear you ask. (I will not pass judgement on whether that is a stupid question or not). Well, it’s a day designed to encourage pupils to ask more questions in the classroom and not be afraid of looking stupid. So, take your seats because class is in session…
I’ve been afflicted this week by a stomach bug. Trying to think of a cause for the problem I have arrived at the conclusion that my seventeen month son is some sort of biological warhead, sent here to destroy me. He goes to nursery, picks up the latest illness doing the rounds and then brings it home and transmits it to me. I seem to have the immune system of a toddler – either that or poor hygiene. My wife gets off scot-free each time as well, which certainly points towards a wider conspiracy.
Don’t worry, though. I’ve been keeping an eye on everything that’s been going on across the social enterprise world from my sickbed. And what a bumper week it’s been.
Enjoy the news…