We support more than 1,000 leaders of social change every year. Join us!
Want to know what it’s like to work at SSE? Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Marketing and engagement officer (4 days per week, 12 month contract with possibility of extension)
£32,061 – £33,023 (pro rata, subject to skills and experience) + 5% pension
We are looking for a marketing and engagement officer to join our busy team at our offices in Tooley Street, London Bridge.
The role will focus on sales and marketing for workshops and short courses to social entrepreneurs and social sector leaders from across the third sector – in 2019 /20 we will deliver approximately 40 courses to 350+ participants covering topics such as Measuring Social Impact, Working with Corporates and How to Create an Authentic Mission Led Brand.
You will work across multiple communication channels including email, social media (owned and paid), Google Adwords and the SSE website to ensure that courses are well attended and that income targets are met.
You will play a key role in increasing the SSE’s earned income base through the further development and growth of short courses. You will also manage the promotion and booking process for SSE courses to a number of referred students who receive fully funded places on SSE courses.
In addition you will lead on developing, promoting and managing a range of events and activities that meet the needs of SSE’s growing fellows’ (alumni) community.
Please see the attached application pack for further details about the role and how to apply.
Closing date: Friday 23rd August at 12:00.
We are not currently looking for volunteers, but do check back!
What is working at SSE like?
Working at SSE is purposeful, exciting and demanding. You’ll enjoy it here if you want to spend your time improving the lives of other people and the environment, if you enjoy cracking on with projects with a fair amount of independence, and if you are open to working with people from all backgrounds.
We strive to create a culture that respects and values each other’s differences, and we encourage everyone to be themselves and develop their potential. Our values are integrity, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do. (Find out more about the Inclusive Cultures Pledge we’ve committed to.)
This video explains a bit more about us and who we work with. You can read more about that here.
At SSE, everyone’s ideas are welcome for how we can learn and improve. People at all levels contribute ideas for our future, and we collaborate as a network of UK schools to share best-practice, along with our schools in India and Canada.
We like to enjoy good times together too, because changing the world is an exciting task that’s worth celebrating!
Check out this video from our 20th birthday party for a flavour of what we’re all about. We won’t lie, it’s not always a big old party like this… but this is a lovely insight into why our students and community make it feel so great to spend our working days supporting them.
Keen to learn more about life at SSE?
- Sign up to our Friday newsletter to get a flavour for the kind of people we’re supporting and what social enterprise is all about.
- Follow us @SchSocEnt on Twitter, and at facebook.com/SchSocEnt.
- Find out why Henna, Amy and Sophie enjoy working for SSE in this blog by Henna, our communications coordinator.
- Dave, our sales and marketing manager, was interviewed by JustGiving on what it’s like to work at SSE.
- Read more about what it’s like to work at SSE from Graeme, our strategic projects manager. Graeme originally joined us on a six-month work-placement through On Purpose, and tbd* interviewed him and our CEO Ali about the experience.
- If you’d like to discover more about our approach to learning, check out this article for Pioneers Post by Ian, our head of learning.