We support more than 1,000 leaders of social change every year. Join us!
Want to know what it’s like to work at SSE? Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Our commitment to inclusion
Diversity is a fact of life. Inclusion is a choice and a practice – for organisations and individuals. At the School for Social Entrepreneurs, our aim is to drive inclusion into every area and activity of what we do: from access to programmes, to grant investment, to board, staff and partnerships.
However you identify, we would like to hear from you. In our commitment to continue to diversify our teams, freelance staff and programmes, we are particularly keen to hear from those who identify as: being from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds; LGBTQ+; and those with disabilities.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during our recruitment processes, including assistance with reading this page or documents linked to below, please contact [email protected]
Social enterprises are struggling in the current crisis. They’re facing challenges unlike anything they’ve dealt with before. But they’re still dedicated to creating social or environmental impact.
Could you support them with your time and expertise? We’re looking for skilled professionals to volunteer. We’ll match you with a social entrepreneur who needs support with a specific business challenge.
Learn more and sign up here.
What is working at SSE like?
Working at SSE is purposeful, exciting and demanding.
You’ll enjoy it here if:
- you want to spend your time improving the lives of other people and the environment
- you enjoy cracking on with projects with a fair amount of independence
- you are open to working with people from all backgrounds
We strive to create a culture that respects and values each other’s differences, and we encourage everyone to be themselves and develop their potential.
At SSE, everyone’s ideas are welcome for how we can learn and improve. People at all levels contribute ideas for our future, and we collaborate with our UK teams and international teams to share best practice.
We like to enjoy good times together too, because changing the world is an exciting task that’s worth celebrating!
Check out this video from our 20th birthday party for a flavour of what we’re all about. We won’t lie, it’s not always a big old party like this… but this is a lovely insight into why our students and community make it feel so great to spend our working days supporting them.
Keen to learn more about life at SSE?
- Find out why Henna, Amy and Sophie enjoy working for SSE in this blog by Henna, our communications coordinator.
- Dave, our sales and marketing manager, was interviewed by JustGiving on what it’s like to work at SSE.
- Read more about what it’s like to work at SSE from Graeme, our strategic projects manager. Graeme originally joined us on a six-month work-placement through On Purpose, and tbd* interviewed him and our CEO Ali about the experience.
- If you’d like to discover more about our approach to learning, check out this article for Pioneers Post by Ian, our head of learning.