We support more than 1,000 leaders of social change every year. Join us!
Want to know what it’s like to work at SSE? Scroll to the bottom of this page.
Our commitment to inclusion
Learn about inclusion at SSE.
However you identify, we would like to hear from you. In our commitment to continue to diversify our teams, freelance staff and programmes, we are particularly keen to hear from people who identify as:
- being from racialised and minoritised communities*
- and/or LGBTQ+
- and/or disabled, including learning and non-visible disabilities
If you require any reasonable adjustments during our recruitment processes, including assistance with reading this page or documents linked to below, please contact [email protected].
Skip straight to to:
We don’t have any jobs open right now. Sign up to our newsletter to be first to find out when we do!
Discover our values to explore if SSE could be a good fit for you.
Benefits of working at SSE
- 25 days’ annual leave + UK bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution to your pension
Learning & development:
- Annual training budget of £750 (pro rata)
- Attend SSE courses & learning sessions for free
- Monthly ‘Lunch & Learn’ sessions
- Group learning opportunities (e.g. productivity training, learning about inclusion)
- Annual development plans to set personal and professional goals
Wellbeing & health:
- All staff have access to Health Assured (employee assistance programme)
- Opportunities to train in First Aid and Mental Health First Aid
- Regular wellbeing initiatives hosted by our Wellbeing Committee
- Free eyecare vouchers
Inclusion & connection:
- Certified Disability Confident Employer
- Committed to the EW Inclusive Cultures Pledge
- Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan 2021-24 commits us to creating an inclusive culture
- Regular online socials & weekly catch-ups
- Team away days twice a year
Flexible working & travel:
- Flexible working is welcomed!
- Teams based around the UK (as well as in India & Canada)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
Get involved with the issues you care about:
We have a range of staff groups and committees that you might be interested in joining, including:
- Climate Action Working Group
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Group
- Wellbeing Committee
What is working at SSE like?
We strive to create a culture that respects and values each other’s differences, and we encourage everyone to be themselves and develop their potential.
At SSE, everyone’s ideas are welcome for how we can learn and improve. People at all levels contribute ideas for our future, and we collaborate with our UK teams and international teams to share best practice.
We like to enjoy good times together too, because changing the world is an exciting task that’s worth celebrating! Check out this video from our 20th birthday party for a flavour of what we’re all about.
Learn more about life at SSE:
- Find out why Henna, Amy and Sophie enjoy working for SSE in this blog by Henna, our communications coordinator.
- Dave, our sales and marketing manager, was interviewed by JustGiving on what it’s like to work at SSE.
- If you’d like to discover more about our approach to learning, check out this article for Pioneers Post by Ian, our head of learning.
* We know that language about identity is personal and these terms won’t feel right to everyone. By “people from racialised and minoritised communities”, we mean people who may identify as Black, Brown, bi- or multi-racial, being from a diaspora, having Asian/African/Caribbean/Latinx/Middle Eastern/Indigenous heritage, as a “person of colour”, Jewish, and/or from a white ethnic minority such as Gypsy, Roma, Traveller. We have consulted our community to shape this language.