It’s Friday. It’s 5 o’clock and the week is almost done! If you are looking for something to read on the way home, here’s 8 pieces of news from this week that you may have missed…
1. We’ll be at Oxford Jam next week, running a session on ‘Social Enterprise Consequences‘. If you are there, come along and play! It’s a great event, well worth attending.
2. Antony Wallace works with our students in London on bid writing and has put together his Top 5 Tips to avoid costly mistakes when writing bids
3. Good article by Tom Watson: What Is Scale? Hint: Social Enterprises Don’t Have To Be Huge To Reach It
4. Job opportunity number 1: Sales Associate at Abianda, set up by SSE Fellow Abi Billinghurst.
5. Job opportunity number 2: General Manager – London Hub for Camara, a social enterprise improving education in disadvantaged communities around the world.
6. Zoe Amar, who delivers our ‘Kickstart Your Social Media Strategy’ workshop, is conducting the Charity Innovation Survey. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
7. If your organisation is involved in ‘bringing good food to Londoners’ there is funding available through Urban Food Routes
8. Big Lottery Fund is offering grants of £50,000 to community projects through its ‘People’s Millions‘ partnership with ITV.