I promise this blog will move away from the Tory proposals released this week, but thought I would just add some more stuff from various responses:
– the response to his article on the Guardian letters page: these discuss (paraphrasing wildly) big vs. small third sector orgs; inequality in the sector (more widely); support sector-related bills if you care so much…; you appear to have missed this great initiative, Mr Cameron; back to Victorian times, cloaked in Tory spin; welcome, but remember social enterprise and vol sector are intrinsically linked (that from NCVO); and Tory councils actions don’t match your words….
– Detailed sector response in Third Sector which includes the following:
– Social Enterprise Coalition saying social enterprises can operate anywhere, so why focus only in areas of deprivation
– Social Enterprise London agreeing, though saying that "Social enterprises form natural clusters where communities have had to look at innovative ways to improve local services"
– Phil Hope, the minister, calling the proposals "uncosted gimmicks"