I love a list, and there's no time like Xmas / New Year for lists. So here's the first of three: the top 10 posts of this blog in the past year. Hopefully you enjoyed these and, if you haven't, now you can.
2) Giant summer round-up: clearly you were all in dire need of information after the summer break…or maybe it was the mention of my impending nuptials? Photos not to follow.
3) Top 5 social entrepreneurship debates in the world ever: inward-looking, navel-gazing, but up at number 3 nonetheless.
4) Storytelling in the modern world: delighted that this was so widely read….best session at the Skoll Forum this year bar none.
5) Virtual social networking: a blessing or a curse?: takes me back to those days when just mentioning "Facebook for charity" could garner you a headline in Third Sector….
6) A sad way to start the week: a tribute to Sarah Dodds, this….and that it was well read demonstrates in part how many people miss her.
7) Friday round-up: Gates, Cotton, Black and Schwartz: there's been many a Friday round-up this year, but this name-dropping link frenzy was the most popular back in January….
8) Innovation brokers: necessary intermediaries? Perhaps proving that ending a blog post with a question mark is a route to success, or that social innovation is hotter than social entrepreneurship? Who knows…
9) Wednesday round-up link fest: Craig, CIC, Catalyst: no idea why this is up there….answers on a postcard / blog comment.
10) What is social enterprise? animation: a non-textual post rounds out the top 10; although even better was the dryest of comments from our former Norwegian-US intern Thor: "You know, in America we have something called digitalized animation, it
works pretty well. I don't know if you've ever seen the movie Shrek."
On that bombshell…