A week today, the next group of SSE students graduate from the London programme, and it is certainly important to celebrate and recognise achievements in the field. So, on that note, here are a few recent award-winners of note:
– Vikram Akula, Indian microfinance guru, won Schwab Social Entrepreneur of the Year in India
– Sylvia Hudson won a social entrepreneur award in the North East here for her work with South Tyneside Credit Union
– Acumen Fund calls for 2008 Fellows (that’s the year not the number they want…)
– Australia’s Social Entrepreneur of the Year is named: Tania de Jong for her work introducing disadvantaged children to music and the arts
– The US seem to be mirroring our Enterprise Week initiative…except they call it entrepreneurship week… and there are some good stories/award-winners here too.