– Business link guide launched on "why social enterprise?"
– Department of Health pack launched, signposting to support and guidance on setting up a social enterprise in the health and social care sector
– Five ‘think pieces’ commissioned by the Office of the Third Sector were published (authors include Jeremy Nicholls and Andrea Westall). See OTS website for the list + downloadable pdfs of each. I’ll try to give reaction to these as and when….
– OTS also gave an update on one year since the social enterprise action plan.
– The Welsh Assembly also got involved: announcing that it "is committed to strengthening the framework of financial and asset related support available to new and expanding social enterprises" in this press release
[NB – no credit to me: these are culled from the mighty VolResource newsletter]
Other related news / links?
– More health/social enterprise-related powerpoints from the Social Enterprise – A World Class Solution? event on the 15th.
– Make Your Mark in 60 seconds chose its winner
– Social enterprise is the new easy listening (?) according to the Telegraph; surely punk rock? :0)