Are you new to fundraising and keen to learn how to get started? Need to raise money for your organisation or project? This new course is designed to give you an overview of how fundraising works, what types of fundraising are appropriate for your organisation, and what you need to do next to begin securing grants and donations.
“The content was perfect”
What you’ll learn on Getting Started with Fundraising:
- Fundraising glossary – making sense of some commonly used terms
- A quick introduction to grant-making trusts and foundations
- Other common types of fundraising and how they work
- How to choose the most appropriate types of fundraising for your organisation
- Making people believe in your work – how to develop your central ‘case for support’
- Who should do your fundraising, what should you pay them and what return can you expect?
- Ensuring your fundraising is safe, legal and ethical
- Some universal fundraising rules that will never let you down
- Where to go for further fundraising inspiration and support
The course includes a series of presentations and interactive exercises. It is designed to be a whistle-stop tour of fundraising for people who currently know very little and want a solid general overview. We also run more specific courses on trusts & foundations fundraising, crowdfunding and developing a long-term fundraising strategy for those looking for more in-depth training in those areas.
“Had a good mix of visuals, excellent content and opportunity for Q&A and networking”
This course will be delivered online for the foreseeable future, due to social distancing restrictions. We have divided it into two webinars taking place on the same day, with time for questions throughout. We will be setting you some exercises to do independently between these two webinars. To get the most from the course, and capitalise on the opportunity to get individual feedback from the trainers, we recommend that you set aside this time to complete the exercises.
Morning webinar (10:00-12:00 with a short break midway)
- Fundraising glossary
- What are the common types of fundraising and how do they work?
- How to choose the right types of fundraising for your organisation?
- Building your case for support
- Introducing some exercises for you to do in the break
Afternoon webinar (14:30-16:30 with a short break midway)
- ‘Telling your story’ exercise
- A quick guide to trusts & foundations fundraising
- Who should do your fundraising and how should you pay them?
- Where to go for further inspiration and support
- Fundraising safely, legally and ethically
- Universal fundraising rules that will never let you down
Bonus Q&A: Any other questions you have about getting started (16:30-17:00)
Mike Zywina is an experienced fundraising consultant and Director of Lime Green Consulting. Mike Zywina is an experienced fundraising consultant and Director of Lime Green Consulting. Lime Green Consulting help ambitious charities and social enterprises to be more strategic, become more sustainable or access new funding – they provide a mix of strategic consultancy, hands-on fundraising support, training and mentoring. Mike was previously Fundraising Manager and a member of the Senior Management Team at Link Community Development, overseeing a thriving fundraising portfolio raising £600,000 per year.
Gemma Pettman helps charities to raise both their profile and vital funds. She’s supported causes ranging from city farms to youth unemployment. Demonstrating impact through storytelling is a crucial part of Gemma’s work, particularly when applying to trusts and foundations. As well as raising much-needed income, she has received praise from funders for her use of sincere and straightforward language.
All our learning will be taking place in live online sessions until further notice.
Joining details will be emailed to you in the run up to the workshop.
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£159|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£139|
|Organisational turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£119|
|Organisational turnover £50,000 – £99,999||£99|
Individuals / organisations with a turnover less than £50,000
or individuals unattached to an organisation
Book your place immediately with a credit or debit card via our website using Stripe, our payment processor. We’ll send you booking confirmation right away.
Please only request an invoice if absolutely necessary and if it is for an amount over £100.
Please note our terms and conditions: we can offer a full refund provided you give us at least 7 days’ notice (within 7 days you can substitute the participant for someone else).
|If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact SSE’s sales and marketing manager, David McGlashan, on 020 7089 9120 or email [email protected].|