Writing grant applications and funding bids can be a frustrating process and it can often feel like you spend hours writing bids for little success. This one-day bid writing course for charities and social enterprises will guide you through the steps that you need to take to make your organisation’s funding and grant applications more successful.
What you’ll learn from this course
• Understand the different types of funding application you may need to make. We’ll discuss grant applications, contestable funding and supply-chain opportunities.
• Know how to research and select which applications you should make. You will learn the steps to identify suitable funding opportunities and how to decide which applications and opportunities you should invest your time in submitting.
• Discover how to develop realistic budgets. Producing accurate and realistic budgets is key to convincing a funder you’re the best way to spend their money so we’ll ensure that you are able to approach this in the right way.
• Feel more confident that you can successfully pitch your organisation in a bid. Any grant application is a persuasive piece of work so we’ll talk through the tactics and techniques of writing successful bids and then practice together.
• Master the process of securing funding. We’ll discuss the stages in securing funding and how you can optimise your chances of getting past each hurdle.
• Learn how to avoid commonly made mistakes. Bid writing doesn’t need to be complicated! This day will give the confidence and know-how that you need to win new funding and business.
Who should attend
Writing Successful Bids is an introductory course aimed at people who would like to learn some of the core principles for writing successful grant and funding applications.
You may have started a social enterprise and be trying to attract new income, or you may be part of a fundraising or development team within a charity and looking to boost your skills.
Previous Writing Successful Bids participants have included:
- Partnership Manager, Ashoka
- Business Development Exec, Barnados
- Admin Officer, MAC-UK
- Trustee, Artbox
- Project Officer, Plunkett Foundation
- Project Officer, Trussell Trust
- Marketing Manager, Renaisi
- General Manager, LGBT Forum Bristol
- Managing Director, Raunchy Rockers CIC
If you aren’t sure that the course is right for you give us a call on 020 7089 9120 and we can discuss it with you in more detail.
What do participants say?
“I really enjoyed the course and I am keen to get back into the office and implement my learning” Hannah Seymour, The Befriending Scheme
“10/10. I learned more than I anticipated and I plan to start applying what I’ve learned as soon as possible” Craig Blake, Tapestry Care UK
“Tony was an excellent tutor and clearly explained the important aspects in a realistic way” Mark Cozens, Salvation Army
“I have never been on a bid writing course and I thought that Antony was extremely well organised, clear, well-paced and I learned a lot – thank you” Safiye Lawrence, Aurora Options
“I found it to be more comprehensive than I thought I really enjoyed the course, it was very informative. It was an education!” Juliet Ryan, Working Action Group
“Brilliant! I found the way it was broken into parts so useful. The supporting documents will be invaluable. Tutor’s knowledge was clear and helpful” Petra Nelson, LPK Learning CIC
The course takes place from 10:30am – 4:30pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
For this one day workshop plus all course materials you pay:
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£149|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£129|
|Organisation turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£109|
|Organisational turnover less than £100,000||£79|
When is it
The next dates for the course are:
- 27th October 2016 SOLD OUT
- 10th February 2017 SOLD OUT
- 23rd June 2017 SOLD OUT
- 10th October 2017
— Money a+e (@moneyaande) August 7, 2015
How to book
First, select the date you wish to attend below. You will be asked for your name, email address and telephone number. Once you have entered these, select your price category and click ‘proceed to payment’.
You will be given the option to pay immediately online with a credit or debit card (make sure you have one to hand!), or you can select ‘pay by invoice’ and our finance team will be in touch with an invoice.
If you have any questions about or issues with the booking process please contact SSE’s Sales and Marketing Manager David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email email@example.com.