Writing grant applications and funding bids can be a frustrating process and it can often feel like you spend hours writing bids for little success. This one-day bid writing course for charities and social enterprises will guide you through the steps that you need to take to make your organisation’s funding and grant applications more successful. You’ll learn how to avoid commonly made mistakes and gain the confidence and know-how that you need to win new funding and business.
“I have never been on a bid writing course and I thought that Antony was extremely well organised, clear, well-paced and I learned a lot – thank you” Safiye Lawrence
Five reasons to book your place:
- Understand the different types of funding application you may need to make. We’ll discuss grant applications, contestable funding and supply-chain opportunities.
- Know how to research and select which applications you should make. You will learn the steps to identify suitable funding opportunities and how to decide which applications and opportunities you should invest your time in submitting.
- Discover how to develop realistic budgets. Producing accurate and realistic budgets is key to convincing a funder you’re the best way to spend their money so we’ll ensure that you are able to approach this in the right way.
- Feel more confident that you can successfully pitch your organisation in a bid. Any grant application is a persuasive piece of work so we’ll talk through the tactics and techniques of writing successful bids and then practice together.
- Master the process of securing funding. We’ll discuss the stages in securing funding and how you can optimise your chances of getting past each hurdle.
Who should attend
“First full-day webinar and I was nervous about how it would be. I learnt so much and felt it was really worthwhile.”
Writing Successful Bids is an introductory course aimed at people who would like to learn some of the core principles for writing successful grant and funding applications.
You may have started a social enterprise and be trying to attract new income, or you may be part of a fundraising or development team within a charity and looking to boost your skills.
This course is open to anyone.
If you aren’t sure that the course is right for you, email Charlie, firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss it with you in more detail.
10:30 – 12:00 Webinar and Q & A focused on the methodology of writing successful bids
12:00 – 12:45 Lunch break
12:45 – 13:30 Practical Workshop A (5 x participants)
13:45 – 14:30 Practical workshop B (5 x participants)
14:45 – 15:30 Practical workshop C (5 x participants)
15:45 – 16:30 Practical workshop D (5 x participants)
16:45 – 17:00 Wrap up and final Q & As
All our learning will be taking place in live online sessions until further notice. Joining details will be emailed to you in the run up to the workshop.
About the facilitator
“Tony was an excellent tutor and clearly explained the important aspects in a realistic way” Mark Cozens, Salvation Army
The workshop will be delivered by Antony Wallace, Founder of FundMyMission, a highly regarded consultancy with a 76% win rate on bids they manage for their clients.
For this one day workshop plus all course materials you pay:
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£159|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£139|
|Organisational turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£119|
|Organisational turnover £50,000 – £99,999||£99|
Organisational turnover less than £50,000
or individuals unattached to an organisation
Book your place immediately with a credit or debit card via our website using Stripe, our payment processor. We’ll send you a booking confirmation right away (check your spam too).
Please only request an invoice if absolutely necessary and if it is for an amount over £100.
Please note our terms and conditions: we can offer a full refund provided you give us at least 7 days’ notice (within 7 days you can substitute the participant for someone else).
|If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact SSE’s Marketing and Engagement Officer, Charlie Wright on 020 7089 9120 or email email@example.com.|