GOOD NEWS: this course and most our future workshops are still running but will now be held online. You will still benefit from expert-led, group learning with plenty of opportunities to interact and ask questions. You can book exactly as before, through the booking form at the bottom of this page.
The School for Social Entrepreneurs is here to support you. Reach out if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sources of Funding for Charities and Social Enterprises will provide you with the knowledge that you need to successfully fund your organisation.
Sources of Funding for Charities and Social Enterprises is a practical workshop which will give you an insight into the mindset of the people who make funding decisions and what makes them tick. A panel of speakers will give you the top tips that you need to win new funding for your organisation.
- You will discover how you can generate diverse income streams from a variety of sources; grant-making organisations, major donors, philanthropists and corporate funders.
- We will show how you can find new funding opportunities and how to make the contacts that you need. You will feel more confident that you understand the range of funding available to your organisation.
- You will leave the workshop with an understanding of the different income sources available to you, insight into what a range of funders are looking for and an action plan to develop new income streams.
Each workshop will include speakers from some of the leading organisations that provide funding to the sector. Speakers have previously included:
- Trust for London
- Charities Aid Foundation
- Big Issue Invest
- Social Investment Business
- Esmee Fairbarn
- The Funding Network
— Future Foundry (@Future_Foundry) June 11, 2015
@SchSocEnt thanks for a great sources of funding session today. Fired up with loads of ideas!
— Hannah Chapman (@chapling) September 17, 2014
Here’s an example timetable of what you can expect on the day:
(Please note that courses being taken online during COVID-19 outbreak may differ in format. Participants will be updated accordingly).
|Welcome and introductions|
The ‘funding spectrum’.
We’ll provide an overview of the different income streams available to your organisation and discuss the pros and cons of each one.
A panel of funders will provide insight into how your organisation can access funding from them. We’ll look at the best way to make contact with the funder, how your organisation can stand out from the rest and how to maintain an ongoing relationship.
You will have the opportunity to question each of the funders and to find out more about how your organisation can engage with them.
|Case study: Max Tobias will be talking about how social enterprise, The Dusty Knuckle Bakery, uses multiple income streams to support their work.|
We’ll discuss what you have learned during the day and how to ensure that you put it into action.
No previous experience is necessary to to attend this course; it is suitable for staff at all levels keen to explore new sources of income for their organisation. Participants have included:
- Business Partnerships Manager, NCS Trust
- Business Development Manager, Lifeline
- Executive Director, OXPIP
- External Funding Manager, Borough of Poole
- Head of Development, Age UK
- Social Economy Development Officer, Caerphilly Council
- Business Development Manager, Mind
- Community Organiser, Movement for Change
- Governance Manager, London Borough of Islington
- Managing Director, Schools of Tomorrow
If you aren’t sure that the course is right for you give us a call on 020 7089 9120 and we can discuss it with you in more detail.
All our learning will be taking place in live online sessions until further notice.
Joining details will be emailed to you in the run up to the workshop.
For this one-day workshop, access to our speakers plus all course materials you pay:
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£159|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£139|
|Organisational turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£119|
|Organisational turnover £50,000 – £99,999||£99|
|Organisational turnover less than £50,000||£79|
Pay by credit or debit card
Book your place immediately with a credit or debit card via our website using Stripe, our payment processor. We’ll send you booking confirmation right away.
Please note our terms and conditions: we can offer a full refund provided you give us at least 7 days’ notice (within 7 days you can substitute the participant for someone else).
If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact SSE’s Marketing and Engagement Officer, Charlie Wright on 020 7089 9120 or email email@example.com.
We prefer payment by card but if you do not have access to a payment card and would like to pay by invoice please email Charlie, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only request an invoice if absolutely necessary and if it is for an amount over £100.