Are you committed to helping people in need or improving the environment?
This programme has helped almost 2,000 people like you to start up and scale social enterprises, charities, community projects and impact-led organisations.
This year, we’ll support a further 260 people across the UK with:
- A learning programme
- A grant (£1,000 – £7,000)
- A supportive community
About the programme
The Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland Social Entrepreneurs Programme is run in partnership with the School for Social Entrepreneurs, and jointly funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
- Your project is in the planning stages but ready to start, or less than two years old. It makes £0 – £15,000 a year.
- You want to learn how to establish your organisation.
- Your project was established at least a year ago, and probably has at least one paid member of staff. It makes at least £15,000 a year.
- You want to learn how to strengthen your organisation’s finances and impact, to build a solid foundation.
- Your project was probably established two or more years ago, and probably has two or more paid members of staff. It makes at least £75,000 a year (no upper limit).
- Your organisation already has a solid foundation. Now you want to learn how to scale it to create even more impact.
What’s the deadline?
Applications for 2020-21 will open in early 2020. You can register your interest via the links above, if you’d like us to email you a reminder.
Is this really free?
Yes! And we’ll give you a grant!
The School for Social Entrepreneurs is a charity. Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and the National Lottery Community Fund fund every place and grant on this programme.
Who can apply?
We can help you at all stages: whether you have just an idea, you’re already up-and-running, or you’re ready to scale. There are more detailed criteria for each programme level via the links above.
Inclusivity is one of our core values, and everyone is welcome at SSE, including people who are long-term unemployed, ex-offenders, people with disabilities and people of all abilities. You don’t need any educational qualifications for this programme.
The impact of this programme
The 1,350 social entrepreneurs supported by the first five years of the programme have benefited the lives of 328,000 people – that’s more than the entire population of Coventry! They also created 4,000 jobs (full-time equivalent).