- Do you run your own social enterprise, such as a community business, charity, or company dedicated to bringing about social or environmental change?
- Want to know how to expand, to grow, and to stand on your own two feet without the help of grants?
Then our Next Steps to Success course is for you!
Next Steps to Success is for social enterprises in south Bristol – it’s part of the South Bristol Enterprise Support (SBES) project, in collaboration with Bristol City Council.
What’s in it for you?
Our free, virtual programme will bring business developers like you together, with support and advice from experts – and each other. Over three to five sessions we will look at:
Examining and refining your mission and purpose
Understanding and optimising your finances
Picking the best pricing – and minimising your costs
How to measure your impact and market your business
You will also benefit from an expert Business Review Panel tailored to your organisation.
When is it?
The session dates are as follows:
- 23rd April 2021
- 30th April 2021
- 7th May 2021
- 14th May 2021
- 21st May 2021
Each session will take place virtually from 9.30am – 1.30pm. You must attend the first and last session, as well as at least one of the other three workshops – pick whichever sessions work for you!
In addition, your personal business review session will take place in late April or early May, to be negotiated once you’re on the course.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a place on the South Bristol Strong Foundations Programme, you need to be:
- Your community group or business idea must already be incorporated (as, for example, a sole trader, a Community Interest Company, or charity). Beginners or those thinking of setting up a new venture should instead check out our SBES Strong Foundations course.
- Currently living or working in the south Bristol region (or planning to in the very near future)
- Able to attend at least the first and last session, as well as at least one one in between
Our Commitment to Equality and Diversity
Diversity is a fact of life. Inclusion is a choice and a practice – for organisations and individuals. At the School for Social Entrepreneurs, our aim is to drive inclusion into every area of activity of what we do; from accessing programmes, to grant investment, to board, staff and partnerships. However you identify, we want to hear from you. If you require any reasonable adjustment during our recruitment, including assistance with completing this application, please contact our learning facilitator, Susan Moores – Susan.Moores@dartington.org.
How to apply
Click here to apply using our form. Please note, applications close on Wednesday 7th April 2021.
Other useful information
- There are only 15 places available on this programme, so please do book early.
- Yes, it really is free! We get our funding from the European Union, West of England Combined Authority, and the UK Government, so you don’t need to pay a penny.