A pioneering course examining all aspects of social replication and growth strategies including social franchising, licensing and directly managed growth. The next course starts in February 2019.
What you’ll learn from this course
With insight and inside stories from practitioners and experts across all sectors, we will provide you with knowledge underpinning the principles of replication and the practical tools that you need to replicate and grow your organisation. The course offers an excellent opportunity for deals to be done and collaboration between organisations to begin!
- Understand the concept of replication and consider the benefits and risks in the context of your organisation
- Understand the various models of replication available: joint ventures, partnerships, dissemination, licensing and social franchising
- Benefit from the experience of leading social franchises and understand the key factors underpinning success (eg. selecting the right franchisees, supporting franchisees, managing the network, managing the brand)
- Understand the nuts and bolts of putting a replicated organisation into operation; creating and testing a business
Who you will hear from
Practitioners from across commercial, public and not for profit sectors will share their experiences of replicating and scaling organisations. You’ll hear what has worked, what hasn’t worked and what they would do differently if they had the chance. Previous speakers have included:
- Big Issue Invest
- International Centre for Social Franchising
- Franchising Works
- Street League
- Tatty Bumpkin
- Advice UK
— The Melting Pot (@TheMeltingPotEd) April 17, 2015
— Trevor Pickup (@ssjchief) March 19, 2015
Course Timetable 2019
28th Feb +1st Mar 2019
10:30am – 4:30pm
|Overview and Context
21st + 22nd Mar 2019
10:30am – 4:30pm
|Governance, quality, financial modelling
25th – 26th April 2019
10:30am – 4:30pm
|Impact, Brand, Commercial Franchising and other models
Who should attend
Social Replication and Scaling is suitable for senior staff at charities and social enterprises considering new routes to scale.
Previous participants have included:
- Programme Manager, Mencap
- Chief Executive, The Hampton Trust
- Chief Executive, Pilotlight
- Business Development Director, Care Co-Ops
- Chief Executive, Hostel Hub
- Development Manager, Chance UK
- Communities Programme Manager, NUS
- Head of Partnerships, Children England
- Chief Executive, Citizen Coaching CIC
If you would like to discuss your suitability for the course, please contact David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email email@example.com.
Location and price
The course takes place each day from 10:30am – 4:30pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
For this six day course, access to our speakers plus all course materials you pay:
- SSE Students / Fellows / Associate Fellows £725
- Other organisations £770
Payment plans are available on this course. For details, or for any other information about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120.
We may share the information that you provide when booking this course with external speakers and course facilitators to assist with the planning and delivery of the programme. For more information, please see our data protection policy.