You’ve been running a social enterprise, charity or impact project for at least a year, and it’s making more than £15,000 a year. (Earlier stage than that? Try Start Up.)
Now you want to make your model more robust and increase your sales.
That’s where we come in. Our programme could help you:
- Learn how to strengthen your model and grow through sales, with 14 learning days spread over a year.
- Fund your plans with up to £4,000 from a Match Trading grant: funding that matches sales growth pound-for-pound.
- Get to know other social entrepreneurs, who’ll support your plans and help you through tough times.
- Overcome challenges with the support of a one-to-one mentor.
Applications open in early spring 2018.
There is no cost to you at any point, thanks to our partners Lloyds Bank and Big Lottery Fund.
Who can apply?
- Any adult (aged 16+) who is based in the UK and wants to grow their social enterprise, charity or impact-led project. You should have plans to increase your sales and trading income by at least £4,000 in the year ahead.
- You don’t need any educational qualifications.
- We welcome ex-offenders, people with disabilities, and long-term unemployed.
When and where does the course run?
October 2018 to October 2019. You’ll need to attend a day or two a month of learning at one of our locations across the UK.
What’s the learning like?
You’ll be in a group of about 20 people from all backgrounds, sharing experiences and supporting each other. You’ll hear from social entrepreneurs who’ve been there and done that. Learning at SSE is hands-on, practical, inspiring and fun! We’re definitely not about essays and textbooks. Read more about learning at SSE.
The Trade Up programme will help you:
- Refine your social impact measurement
- Develop the link between your trading and your impact goals
- Develop your business plan and income streams
- Test and refine your marketing
- Grow your customer base
- Win contracts
- Improve your financial management
- Manage staff and volunteers
- Project-manage and delegate
- Improve your leadership skills
- Develop your networks
How does the Match Trading grant work?
SSE created Match Trading grants to help social entrepreneurs focus on increasing their sales and trading, rather than being over-dependent on traditional grant. Check out the video below, and read more about how Match Trading works.