Are you committed to helping people in need or improving the environment?
This programme has helped almost 2,000 people like you to start up and scale social enterprises, charities, community projects and impact-led organisations.
This year, we’ll support a further 260 people across the UK with:
- A learning programme
- A grant (£1,000 – £7,000)
- A supportive community
There is no cost to you at any point.
About the programme
The Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland Social Entrepreneurs Programme is run in partnership with the School for Social Entrepreneurs, and jointly funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
- Your project is in the planning stages but ready to start, or less than two years old. It makes £0 – £15,000 a year.
- You want to learn how to establish your organisation.
- Your project was established at least a year ago, and probably has at least one paid member of staff. It makes at least £15,000 a year.
- You want to learn how to strengthen your organisation’s finances and impact, to build a solid foundation.
- Your project was probably established two or more years ago, and probably has two or more paid members of staff. It makes at least £75,000 a year (no upper limit).
- Your organisation already has a solid foundation. Now you want to learn how to scale it to create even more impact.
I’ve already applied for this year…what now?
First stage is completed! We’ve assessed your online application. We’ll be in touch in May or June to let you know if you’ve made it to the next stage: the info session and interview. If you get through, you’ll be invited to present a quick pitch of your plans to a selection panel in June or July. If successful, you’ll then be offered a place on the programme which will begin in October/November 2019 and run until October/November 2020.
What’s the deadline?
Applications for 2020-21 will open in early 2020. You can register your interest via the links above, if you’d like us to email you a reminder.
Is this really free?
Yes! And we’ll give you a grant!
The School for Social Entrepreneurs is a charity. Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and the National Lottery Community Fund fund every place and grant on this programme.
Who can apply?
We can help you at all stages: whether you have just an idea, you’re already up-and-running, or you’re ready to scale. There are more detailed criteria for each programme level via the links above.
Inclusivity is one of our core values, and everyone is welcome at SSE, including people who are long-term unemployed, ex-offenders, people with disabilities and people of all abilities. You don’t need any educational qualifications for this programme.