Are you committed to helping people in need or improving the environment?
We help people to start up and run social enterprises, charities and impact-led organisations.
Applications open in spring 2018 for our Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland Social Entrepreneurs Programme 2018, run in partnership with School for Social Entrepreneurs, and jointly funded by Big Lottery Fund. Register your interest now for an email reminder.
This programme supports you for a year with:
- A learning programme
- A traditional grant of up to £1,000, or a Match Trading grant of up to £7,000
- Peer-support from a community of social entrepreneurs
This programme has three levels. Find out which one is for you via the links below.
Start Up 2018 (includes traditional grant)
- Your project is in the planning stages but ready to start, or less than two years old
- Your project income is less than £15,000 a year
- You want to learn how to establish your organisation
Trade Up 2018 (includes Match Trading grant)
- Your project was established at least a year ago, and probably has at least one paid member of staff
- Your project income is more than £15,000 a year (no upper limit)
- You want to learn how to strengthen your organisation’s finances and impact to build a solid foundation for scaling
- You have plans to increase your income from sales and trading by at least £4,000 in the year ahead
Scale Up 2018 (includes Match Trading grant)
- Your project was probably established two or more years ago, and probably has two or more paid members of staff
- Your project income is more than £75,000 a year (no upper limit)
- You want to learn how to scale your organisation from a solid foundation to create even more impact
- You have plans to increase your income from sales and trading by at least £7,000 in the year ahead
More about SSE and our students
What’s the deadline to apply?
We open for applications in early spring, and will close at the end of April.
Who can apply?
We welcome people from all backgrounds, including long-term unemployed, ex-offenders, and people with disabilities. You don’t need any educational qualifications. We can help you at all stages: whether you have just an idea, you’re already up-and-running, or you’re ready to scale.
Is this really free?
Yes! And we’ll give you a grant!
School for Social Entrepreneurs is a charity. Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and Big Lottery Fund support us by funding every place and grant on this programme, because they are committed to supporting social entrepreneurs.
What impact is this programme having?
- This programme has supported 1,300 social entrepreneurs since we launched it in 2012.
- We will support another 260 people in 2017-18.
- One in four students of this programme have direct experience of the social issue they aim to address.
- Half of this programme’s students work in the 20% most deprived UK communities.
- We’re chuffed to tell you that 95% of our students say we positively meet their training needs.