Are you planning to grow an organisation that helps people in need? Are you running or starting up a project to create social or environmental impact?
We could support you through the Lloyds Bank and Bank of Scotland Social Entrepreneurs Programme 2018, run in partnership with School for Social Entrepreneurs, jointly funded by Big Lottery Fund.
Applications for this programme open in late February 2018. Register your interest now and we’ll send you an email when applications open.
This programme supports you for a year with:
- A learning programme
- A traditional grant of up to £1,000, or a Match Trading grant of up to £7,000
- A community of people who run social and environmental projects
We can help you at all stages: whether you have just an idea, you’re already up-and-running, or you’re ready to scale. We welcome people from all backgrounds, including long-term unemployed, ex-offenders, and people with disabilities. You don’t need any educational qualifications.
There is no cost to you at any point.
Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and Big Lottery Fund have funded every place and grant on this programme, because they are committed to supporting social entrepreneurs.
We’ve been running this programme together since 2012, and 95% of our students say we positively meet their training needs. School for Social Entrepreneurs has supported social entrepreneurs for 20 years.
This programme has three levels. Find out which one is for you via the links below.
Start Up 2018 (includes traditional grant)
- Your project is in the planning stages but ready to start, or less than two years old
- Your project income is less than £15,000 a year
Trade Up 2018 (includes Match Trading grant)
- Your project was established at least a year ago, and probably has at least one paid member of staff
- You are looking to grow your organisation by increasing your trading income
Scale Up 2018 (includes Match Trading grant)
- Your project was probably established two or more years ago, and probably has two or more paid members of staff
- You are looking to grow your organisation by scaling your model
What’s the deadline to apply?
The 2018 programme will open for applications at the end of February and the deadline will be at the end of April. Register your interest for an email reminder when applications open, via the Start Up, Trade Up and Scale Up pages.
Is this really free?
Yes! And we’ll give you a grant!
School for Social Entrepreneurs is a charity. Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland and Big Lottery Fund support us by funding every place and grant on this programme, because they are committed to supporting social entrepreneurs.
Thank you to our funders for supporting this programme
What impact is this programme having?
Since 2012, this programme has supported 1,300 social entrepreneurs. In 2017-18, we will support another 260. One in four students of this programme have direct experience of the social issue they aim to address, and half work in the 20% most deprived UK communities.