Frustrated by a social, environmental or community problem in Haringey that needs a solution? Committed to doing something about it? We are looking for passionate people in Haringey, who want to set up an organisation that can help their community for the better.
Future Communities Pre-Start Up Programme will help you to learn, test and build an organisation to create lasting change with the help of leading experts.
- Free learning programme made up of eight weekday evening sessions spread over 12 weeks
- Follow-on support including mentoring and SSE-created bespoke workshops
- £500 grant, money you don’t have to pay back
- A community of like-minded people to meet regularly with and gain support and work through challenges together.
We will be running face-to-face information sessions and workshops where you can discover more about the programme and what it’s like to learn with SSE. They will also help us decide if you’re right for the programme. These will be planned at a venue in Haringey in March 2020.
We recognise that discrimination of all sorts infiltrate every part of our society, and we are working hard to counter that wherever we find it. To that end, we actively encourage applications from people of all faiths, races, gender identities, sexual orientations, economic circumstances and backgrounds, as well as those from disabled communities. No educational qualifications are needed to join our programmes.
Reasonable adjustments regarding accessibility will be made to ensure all are welcomed onto the programme. Please get in touch – we’re happy to talk things through.
After completing the part-time 12-week programme, and for the following year, you’ll receive extra support to ensure you’re getting all the tips, tricks and advice you need to get your idea off the ground.
- Mentoring from Linklaters acting as a bridge between finishing the pre-start up programme and accessing other forms of support from SSE
- Free access to SSE one-day workshops
- Bespoke workshops tailored towards your needs and interests
- Signposting to further support.
Following this, you’ll have the chance to apply to the full start-up programme made up of 14 learning days and six half-day Action Learning Sets, and delivered in 2022. You’ll get a 1-1 mentor from Linklaters too. More info coming soon.
Get in touch with programme manager Hannah Thompson for any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org