The School for Social Entrepreneurs Action Learning Facilitator Training Programme will give you the skills to help bring powerful learning practices and problem-solving approaches to benefit individuals across corporate, public and third sector organisations.
The course will boost your confidence, sharpen your facilitation skills, and equip you facilitate Action Learning Teams in a wide range of settings. It is practical, experiential and relevant to anyone who wants to add to their portfolio of tools and approaches or wanting to refresh their professional practice.
What is Action Learning?
The basic philosophy underpinning action learning is that the most effective learning takes places when we are faced with a real problem that we are obliged to solve.
Action Learning occurs in a small closed group, called an Action Learning Team. This group meets regularly to engage in a collaborative learning process through reflecting on real work issues, exploring possible solutions and planning for action.
What are the benefits of Action Learning?
The School for Social Entrepreneurs has championed the use of action learning to help social entrepreneurs and their organisations realise their full potential. We are now creating the opportunity through our Action Learning Facilitator Training Programme to give others the skills, knowledge and experience to adapt action learning to a range of contexts. In particular, the Action Learning approach can:
- Enhance team working and collaboration skills
- Develop problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Create a solution to an organisational challenge which provide immediate benefits
- Enhance ability to reflect on and learn from individual and collective experiences
- Develop awareness of how individual behaviours, attitudes and assumptions impact on decision making
The SSE Action Learning Facilitator Training Programme will help participants:
- Learn the principles and conventions of the Action Learning model
- Apply the Action Learning model, underpinning theories and be able to teach and apply these to an Action Learning team
- Know how to establish, run, and close an Action Learning team
- Practice the role and demonstrate the skills of an effective Action Learning facilitator
- Apply the theory and skills of Action Learning to real Action Learning teams
What does the course consist of
The course takes place across three days. There is the opportunity to take a fourth day at a later date which will lead to Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) enhanced award. (ILM extended programme).
You start with a two-day workshop that will introduce you to:
- The theory, principles and practices of Action Learning
- Roles and responsibilities within an Action Learning team
- Role and skills of an effective facilitator
Followed by a full day for
- Facilitation practice and feedback
- Lots of experiences of the power of the Action Learning process
- Developing specific skills and techniques and your own unique facilitation style
Why attend this training
It will boost your confidence, sharpen you facilitation skills and equip you to facilitate Action Learning Teams in a wide range of settings. It is practical, experiential and relevant to anyone who wants to add to their portfolio of tools and approaches or wanting to refresh their professional practice.
If you’re looking to become (or to grow as) a facilitator who runs their own action learning teams, you’ve come to the right place!
The course opens up an opportunity to work with the School for Social Entrepreneurs through its social entrepreneur and mentoring programmes.
When is it
The course takes place over three days. The next dates for the course are:
- 31st October, 1st November, 28th November 2015
- 29th January, 30th January, 20th February 2016
Location and cost
The course takes place from 9:30am – 5:00pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
For this three-day course plus all course materials you pay:
- SSE Students / Fellows / Associate Fellows £499
- Other organisations £649