You’ve built solid foundations for your social enterprise, charity or impact project, and it’s making more than £75,000 a year. (Not quite at that stage yet? Try Trade Up.)
Now you want to scale your organisation to create even more impact.
That’s where we come in. Our programme could help you:
- Learn how to scale your model, with 14 learning days spread over a year.
- Fund your plans with up to £7,000 from a Match Trading grant: funding that matches sales growth pound-for-pound.
- Get to know other social entrepreneurs, who’ll support your plans and help you through tough times.
- Overcome challenges with the support of a one-to-one mentor.
Applications open in March 2018.
There is no cost to you at any point, thanks to our partners Lloyds Bank and Big Lottery Fund.
Who can apply?
- Any adult (aged 16+) who is based in the UK and wants to grow their social enterprise, charity or impact-led project. You should have plans to increase your sales and trading income by at least £7,000 in the year ahead.
- You don’t need any educational qualifications.
- We welcome ex-offenders, people with disabilities, and long-term unemployed.
When and where does the course run?
October 2018 to October 2019. You’ll need to attend a day or two a month of learning at one of our locations across the UK.
What’s the learning like?
You’ll be in a group of about 20 people from all backgrounds, sharing experiences and supporting each other. You’ll hear from social entrepreneurs who’ve been there and done that. Learning at SSE is hands-on, practical, inspiring and fun! We’re definitely not about essays and textbooks. Read more about learning at SSE.
The Scale Up programme will help you:
- Transitioning from working in the business to working on it
- Building an effective team and delegating responsibility
- The drivers to scaling
- Measuring social impact at scale
- Tools for developing and sharing evidence
- Developing your business model for scale
- Securing a diverse and secure income base
- Building robust financial processes
- Demonstrating investment-readiness
- Developing governance for growth
- Avoiding burnout and managing change
- Joining a peer network of scaling organisations
- Leveraging partnerships for scale
How does the Match Trading grant work?
SSE created Match Trading grants to help social entrepreneurs focus on increasing their sales and trading, rather than being over-dependent on traditional grant. Check out the video below, and read more about how Match Trading works.
Oops! We’re having problems with the ‘Register your interest’ form below…
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address, for an email reminder when applications open on Monday 5th March.