A theory of change is a powerful tool that helps organisations and initiatives plan how they will create change, assess their effectiveness and communicate to stakeholders. It is used widely by charities, social enterprises and public sector organisations. This workshop will explore what a theory of change is, how to construct one and how to select the right theory of change model for your needs.
The course is based on one originally developed by NEF Consulting, the consultancy of the New Economics Foundation.
What you’ll learn from this course
- The big picture: theory of change and its role in strategic planning and evaluation.
- Exploring and critically engaging with different models to select the right one for your audience & purpose
- Talking in outcomes: theory of change and different kinds of outcomes
- Using a theory of change framework
By the end of the course, you will:
- Be able to describe a theory of change and when it is appropriate to use it.
- Understand what an outcome is and describe the similarities and differences between a theory of change and a logic model.
- Feel confident using the component parts of a theory of change and to communicate their strategic value.
- Find a personal approach to visualising and describing a theory of change.
- Plan for how you will test and communicate your theory of change.
Who should attend?
Anyone looking to bring the strategic lens of theory of change to their planning or evaluation.
Location and price
All our learning will be taking place in live online sessions until further notice. Joining details will be emailed to you in the run up to the workshop.
- Organisations with a turnover up to £1m – £325
- Organisations with a turnover over £1m – £350
Discounts are available for multiple bookings (see booking form for details).
The course takes place over two mornings. The next scheduled courses take place on
- 7th + 14th February 2024
- 19th + 26th March 2024
The course runs from 9.30am – 12.30pm on both days.
How to book your place
You can choose to pay by credit / debit card or you can request to pay by invoice. In both cases, you will be redirected to a booking form that we need you to complete.
If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact SSE’s sales and marketing manager, David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email [email protected].
Book your place immediately with a credit or debit card via our website using Stripe, our payment processor. We’ll send you a booking confirmation right away (check your spam too).
Please note our terms and conditions: we can offer a full refund provided you give us at least 7 days’ notice (within 7 days you can substitute the participant for someone else).
Please only request an invoice if absolutely necessary and if it is for an amount over £500.
|If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact Charlie Wright [email protected]