*Deadline extended! Apply before midnight on 31st January 2021*
Black communities have been hit harder than most by Covid-19. The crisis has shone a spotlight on the injustices and inequalities that Black people face. We also know there are some incredible and enterprising Black people who can make a positive difference. We can help.
The programme is aimed at Black social entrepreneurs based in the West Midlands, who want to increase their impact and trading income.
The programme is delivered in partnership with leading international law firm, Gowling WLG.
Could Black Social Entrepreneurs Futures be right for you?
This programme is for people who identify as all of the following:
- Supporting predominately Black communities
- Based in and working in the West Midlands
- You have started a social enterprise already
Key benefits to you:
- Strengthen your project with our free learning programme
- Grow your income from trading, so you can increase your social impact
- Gain a network of peers, who will help you develop your plans and act as a sounding board
- Get 1-to-1 advice from a mentor – a business and/or legal expert at Gowling WLG
Our programmes are based on peer and action-learning. We’re definitely not about textbooks and teachers. Instead, we help you to get the headspace you need to map out next steps, with the support of other social entrepreneurs facing similar challenges. (More info on learning with SSE.)
When and where does the programe take place?
This programme will be delivered online* over 12 months, starting in April 2021. It is free to attend (as we’re a charity), and will comprise:
- 8 Group Study Sessions
- 4 Action Learning Sessions (group coaching with your peers)
- 1 to 1 business support & mentoring
* If circumstances around Covid-19 change and it becomes completely safe and practical for everyone to meet face to face then we may consider doing so, in central Birmingham, in a wheelchair-accessible location.
Deadline extended! Apply by midnight, 31st January 2021
Please read the application guidance notes before completing your application (please note guidance notes may show previous deadline, but the new deadline is 31st January 2021).
When you click “apply now” below, you will have the option of applying via our online form, or sending in an audio or video application (speaking in English, or in British Sign Language). Either way, we need some details from you, which you fill in the first part of the online form.
Interviews will be held during February and March 2021 and the programme will run from April 2021.
Is Black Social Entrepreneurs Futures really free?
This programme is generously funded by our partners, Gowling WLG. They have funded every place on this programme, so there is never any cost to you.
Lorna Gavin, Head of Diversity, Inclusion & CR at Gowling WLG, explains: “Gowling WLG is proud to be able to support the Black Social Entrepreneurs Futures programme. One of our global values is that we all bring something different. This programme embodies that, and we are delighted to be able to help harness the wealth of diverse talent and drive to deliver social value across the West Midlands.”