The School for Social Entrepreneurs and Zoe Amar Communications have partnered to deliver ‘Third Sector Digital Leaders’ a digital leadership skills training programme for the leaders and senior management of charities and social enterprises.
The next course takes place over four days in November and December 2018. You will learn how to implement a digital strategy that will in turn enable you to achieve your organisation’s wider strategic goals.
Many CEOs, trustees and senior non-profit leaders are aware of the need to engage with digital but are struggling to do so. There are few resources which can help them understand how digital fits into organisational strategy and how to identify risks and opportunities – Third Sector Digital Leaders aims to fill this gap. The course will:
- Help charity and social enterprise leaders to develop digital skills which will make their organisations more visible and fit for purpose in the digital age, generating more income and strengthening relationships with key audiences
- Give charity and social enterprise leaders an understanding of key areas of digital and how they integrate into organisational strategy and governance
- Arm the leaders of charities and social enterprises with the right digital skills help them to develop a more entrepreneurial, agile approach which will further their careers
- Encourage leaders to learn from each other and from speakers outside the sector, exposing them to cutting edge insights and building their confidence
— Simon Hopkins (@SimonHop15) November 11, 2016
Who should attend the course?
- CEOs, trustees and directors at social enterprises
- CEOs, trustees and directors at charities
- Heads of digital at social enterprises and charities on a career path to more senior digital roles
— Lucy W (@willoughby_lucy) November 11, 2016
Who will you hear from?
Speakers will come from a range of organisations across both for profit and not-for-profit sectors. Speakers on the previous course included:
- Graeme Manuel-Jones, Digital Communications Manager, Diabetes UK
- Helen Thomas-Fox, Senior Digital Manager, CLIC Sargent
- Kai Adams, Partner, Charities and Social Enterprise Practice, Green Park
- Chloe Stables, External Relations Manager, NCVO
- Jo Wolfe, Managing Director, Reason Digital
- Matt Collins, Director, Platypus Digital
- Claire Reynolds, Head of Digital, Alzheimer’s Society
- Amanda Neylon, former Head of Digital, Macmillan Cancer Support
- Paul Thomas, Senior Manager National Communications, Grant Thornton
- Dominic Campbell, Director, FutureGov
What do participants say?
“One of the most informative and interesting courses I have attended. Would highly recommend to anyone working in the sector. Content was tailored really well to different sizes of organisation and delegates working at various levels. I have lots of practical ideas to take back with me.” Lucy Willoughby, Family Links.
“The structure and pace of the course was well balanced and we were lucky to have so many inspirational speakers.” Rhodri Jones, Wales Council for Voluntary Action.
“A good chance to hear from leading practitioners and to network with others facing similar issues” Kirsten Bayes, Reading Pride.
“Really well organised. Great speakers, good range of topics and lovely facilitators.” Caroline Dobbing, Helpage International.
“Speakers excellent and facilitators very good too. I have picked up so much.” Kitty Fong, Family Links.
“A really useful and crucial course. This is one one of the biggest areas for CEOs in the 3rd Sector.” Simon Hopkins, Turn2Us.
“Excellent, relevant speakers. Lots of insights that resonate and full of tips, tricks and know how from those who are doing it. The price compared to a conference is very good due to the speaker quality and relevance”. Clive Gardiner, RNIB.
“This course was amazing, a real transformational learning experience. Really practical and useful and will frame our whole approach to digital. Looks like good value before the course, with hindsight becomes exceptional value”. Tracey Franklin, Inspire.
“I would thoroughly recommend this course to anyone, no matter your skill level. For seasoned digital personnel it will get to think in different ways and update you, for those at the beginning of their digital journey it will inspire you”. Adam O’Riley, The Nurture Group Network.
“Really well-structured and facilitated with excellent speakers. This course is a must for anyone leading digital transformation in their organisation”. Sarah Inge Parker, Trust for Oxfordshire’s Environment.
“The best training I’ve ever done. Thank you for such a thought provoking and entertaining four days”. Georgina Pope, Liberty.
“We are just about to start a digital transformation at Bridges. This course has helped me identify what we should do and how we should do it.” Chrissy Stonebridge, Bridges Self Management
“This course has been invaluable and we will definitely be working towards the development of a digital strategy to encompass the learning from this course” Michelle Martin, Volunteers Greenwich
“The course was an open and honest look at digital leadership with a group of well respected, intelligent and articulate digital leaders. Just having the space to ask them questions was brilliant” James Barker, NSPCC
“The range of perspectives the speakers brought provided some great insights and real substance to the learning opportunity” Luke Mallett, Clic Sargent
Location and price
The course takes place from 10:30am – 4:30pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
For this four day course plus all course materials you pay:
- Standard ticket £550
— clive gardiner (@clive_gardiner) November 11, 2016
We will be running two courses in 2018:
Course one: April 16th, April 17th, May 8th, May 9th
Course two: November 5th, November 6th, December 3rd, December 4th
How to book
First, select the date you wish to attend below. You will be asked for your name, email address and telephone number. Once you have entered these, select your price category and click ‘proceed to payment’.
You will be given the option to pay immediately online with a credit or debit card (make sure you have one to hand!), or you can select ‘pay by invoice’ and our finance team will be in touch with an invoice.
Payment plans are available on this course. For details, or if you have any questions or problems with the booking process, or you would like to request further information about the course, please contact SSE’s Sales and Marketing Manager David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.