Starting and running a social enterprise is difficult and can be very stressful!
Although good in small amounts, ongoing stress can lead you to feeling overwhelmed and burnt out.
Over time, this can lead to behaviours such as becoming snappy with colleagues, service users or customers, becoming withdrawn and taking unnecessary risks. The success of your social enterprise ultimately lies with you, so with this in mind, we have partnered with mental well-being experts Altruist Enterprises to help you to manage your stress levels in order to remain effective!
These tried and tested techniques will help you to challenge your negative thoughts and take a fresh perspective on things whilst feeling able to deal with setbacks and adapt to any changes you may face.
What you’ll learn from Resilience and Stress Management
Through SSE’s unique combination of practitioner-led segments and facilitated peer learning, this course will enable you to:
- Assess your own well-being
- Understand the impact poor well-being has on individuals and organisations
- Define stress, identify the causes of stress and understand the potential effects of ongoing stress.
- Define resilience and understand how it can be built
- Implement strategies to help deal better with pressure and change
Course Outline – Section 1
- What is health and well-being?
- Costs of poor mental health and well-being to individuals and organisations
- What is resilience?
- How resilient are you?
- Using cognitive models to help build resilience
Course Outline – Section 2
- How to deal more effectively with change
- Why does stress occur?
- Stress at work
- How to reduce stress and promote positive mental well-being
- Mindfulness exercise
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for social entrepreneurs, small business owners, the self-employed and home workers; and for individuals who would like to understand how they can better manage their stress levels in order to remain effective.
Friday 19th May 2017, 9:30am to 12:30pm
Blackburne House, Liverpool L8 7PE
£70 per delegate
To book your place: please email firstname.lastname@example.org