Negotiating is an essential business and personal skill. Negotiating effectively will lead to more successful and profitable agreements, contracts and outcomes. This practical course will improve confidence and self awareness plus the ability to plan effectively for more formal negotiations to ensure a win-win outcome.
What you’ll learn on this course
The Opening – planning and preparation
- Setting objectives
- Practical tools and techniques for planning a negotiation
- Focus on your pricing strategies
- Setting ambitious goals
Negotiation Styles & Approach
- Key approaches to negotiation
- Understanding different negotiation styles
- Dealing with ‘difficult’negotiators
- The importance of communication – how it effects negotiation
- Using and trading variables and concessions to protect price
- “Power” and Mindset in negotiation – techniques to stay in control and dealing with under-hand tactics
- Situations to avoid – maintaining progress through difficult negotiations
- Closing the deal – “seize the moment!”
Practical exercises and examples will be used throughout the course to help embed theory.
The course takes place from 10:30am – 4:30pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
What do participants say?
— Romeo David (@romeodavid) April 18, 2018
— Paul Ryan (@kiwipaul) April 18, 2018
“Very detailed and thorough – really great at making me think reflectively about negotiation” Robert Walker, Fellwalkers
“Very engaging and interactive. Extremely valuable for negotiation in personal and professional settings” Sheena Lahren, Lively Minds
For this one day workshop plus all course materials you pay:
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£149|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£129|
|Organisation turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£109|
|Organisational turnover less than £100,000||£79|
We will provide a full refund if you are unable to make it to a course / workshop and provide at least 7 days’ notice. Within 7 days, we are unable to provide a refund however you are able to send a substitute delegate.
How to book
First select one of the dates below. You will be asked for your name, email address and telephone number. Once you have entered these, select your price category and click ‘proceed to payment’.
You will be given the option to pay immediately online with a credit or debit card (make sure you have one to hand!), or you can select ‘pay by invoice’ and our finance team will be in touch with an invoice.
If you have any questions about or issues with the booking process please contact SSE’s Sales and Marketing Manager David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email email@example.com.