As well as making your organisation more attractive to funders, being able to measure social impact will enable you to measure the effectiveness of your organisation, to benchmark with your competition and allow you to see where improvements can be made.
This two-day Measuring Social Impact course is jam packed full of the information that you need to measure your impact successfully.
What you’ll learn from this course
- What is social impact and why should we measure it?
- How to engage with stakeholders when measuring social impact
- Understanding outcomes
- How to measure well-being
- Developing your ‘Theory of Change’
- Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Resources to help you measure social impact
- Social impact measurement tools
- Best practice case studies and examples of social impact
The course is run in partnership with NEF Consulting, industry leaders who work with organisations to prove and improve the value of what they do to drive stronger decision-making and deliver better outcomes for their customers, clients and communities.
Who should attend
Anyone keen to learn how and why to measure social impact! No prior knowledge is required. Previous participants have included:
- Development Officer, P3 Social Inclusion Charity
- Chief Exec, Scottish Waterways Trust
- Chief Officer, Rural Action Yorkshire
- Resident Involvement Manager, Paragon Housing
- Senior Project Officer, NUS
- Evaluations Officer, Bow Arts Trust
- CSR Manager, Johnson & Johnson
- Chief Exec, Nottingham Care Partnership
- Commerical Manager, Spurgeons
- Change Manager, Cafod
If you aren’t sure that the course is right for you give us a call on 020 7089 9120 and we can discuss it with you in more detail.
“The facilitator was extremely knowledgeable and engaging. The course offered a good balance of case studies, group coaching, peer learning and customisable exercises. Course material was very well devised” Naomi Bulliard, UAL
“Honestly one of the best courses I have ever attended. Excellent trainer, expertly delivered” Sarah Hulm, Break
“Best course I have ever been on. So challenging and stimulating – it really pushed me and inspired me to see my data and impact differently” Sally Pembrooke, Unicorn Theatre
“Really good pace, knowledgeable and engaging trainer and a complex topic in an interactive and safe way” Alison Navarro, Sutton CVS
“The flexibility of delivery in allowing the group to discuss and exchange ideas meant that I learnt a lot more about how social impact maps onto everything else in an organisation” Alix Lewer, Include
“Enjoyed the course very much. I feel less overwhelmed by impact and understand the importance of simplicity” Roxanna Locke, Equity Housing
Location and price
The course takes place at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
For this two-day course plus all course materials you pay:
- SSE Students / Fellows / Associate Fellows £350
- Organisations with a turnover up to £1m £400
- Organisations with a turnover over £1m £450
Dates + Timings
The course runs over two consecutive days. Upcoming dates for the course are:
19th – 20th April 2018 SOLD OUT
15th – 16th November 2018 SOLD OUT
14th – 15th Jan 2019 SOLD OUT
19th – 20th Mar 2019 PLACES AVAILABLE
Measuring Social Impact runs from 9:30am – 5:00pm.
— Dr Marta Hawkins (@MartaRHawkins) February 7, 2017
How to book
First, select the date you wish to attend below. You will be asked for your name, email address and telephone number. Once you have entered these, select your price category and click ‘proceed to payment’.
You will be given the option to pay immediately online with a credit or debit card (make sure you have one to hand!), or you can select ‘pay by invoice’ and our finance team will be in touch with an invoice.
If you have any questions about the course or the booking process please contact SSE’s Sales and Marketing Manager David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.