The aim of networking is to initiate and develop relationships with new and existing contacts in both formal and informal settings that could help to build your profile, partnerships and more business opportunities. This workshop will provide you with techniques to help you feel more confident with the networking process.
You will leave this course with an elevator pitch and a networking plan to put it into action.
What you’ll learn on this course
Networking – why bother?
- What can be gained from networking
- Identifying networking goals
Developing your personal network
- Reviewing your network
- Identifying the ask
- Building a SMART personal networking plan
- Making it easy to make connections
Networking events and meetings
- Where to network, who to network with and development of a Networking Action Plan for events.
- Planning and preparation for attending social / networking events
- Focus on developing a positive networking mindset
- ‘Working’ the room
- Opening the conversation and building rapport
- The importance and art of questioning and listening
Your elevator pitch
- Preparing your elevator pitch – how to introduce yourself and your business
- Developing a relevant elevator pitch
- Delivery techniques – making an impact
- Following up
The course takes place from 10:30am – 4:30pm at our offices in The Fire Station, 139 Tooley St, London Bridge:
Usually for this one day workshop plus all course materials you pay:
|Organisational turnover £1m +||£149|
|Organisational turnover £500,000 – £1m||£129|
|Organisation turnover £100,000 – £499,999||£109|
|Organisational turnover less than £100,000||£79|
For the first course (1st May 2018) all places on the course are just £50! All we ask is that you provide some feedback at the end of the course.
We will provide a full refund if you are unable to make it to a course / workshop and provide at least 7 days’ notice. Within 7 days, we are unable to provide a refund however you are able to send a substitute delegate.
How to book
First select one of the dates below. You will be asked for your name, email address and telephone number. Once you have entered these, select your price category and click ‘proceed to payment’.
You will be given the option to pay immediately online with a credit or debit card (make sure you have one to hand!), or you can select ‘pay by invoice’ and our finance team will be in touch with an invoice.
If you have any questions about or issues with the booking process please contact SSE’s Sales and Marketing Manager David McGlashan on 020 7089 9120 or email email@example.com.