Adapting your social business for a low carbon economy.
A FREE 3-day learning programme for social entrepreneurs and purpose-led businesses
SSE Dartington has launched a new programme for business leaders in Bristol who want to respond to the climate emergency.
This programme aims to:
- Respond effectively to the climate emergency
- Develop a social business fit-for-purpose in a low carbon economy
- Build personal and business resilience skills and knowledge
- Future-proof your business for climate action.
What will I learn?
- An introduction to the climate emergency and what businesses need to be aware of
- Look at ways to reduce your business carbon footprint
- Build personal and business resilience skills
- Effectively communicate your brand purpose and engage customers
- Hear from other social businesses who are doing it – for both product and service businesses
- Create and embed sustainability strategy and policy for your business
- Find out how to be part of Bristol’s Low Carbon Ambition.
Who is the programme for?
Calling all social entrepreneurs, business owners, project managers, HR managers, sustainability leads and green champions!
If you care about the climate emergency and want to see what steps your business can take to improve your green business practice, then we want to hear from you.
Who will be contributing to the programme?
There will be sessions with:
Bristol Green Capital Partnership, Brand New Story, Happy City, Planet Mark Start, and University of Bath are all confirmed with more to come!
How to apply
Cost: All places are fully funded by Bristol City Council and The Social Enterprise Innovation Programme. We have limited places available.
Eligibility: Your organisation needs to be operating in Bristol and the West of England region. You also need to be either registered with HMRC as a sole trader or have an organisational status such as a charity or CIC. You also need to be able to ensure that you can attend all the days of the programme.
Programme Dates: 5th, 12th, and 19th September.
Location: All programme dates will be held in central Bristol.
Application Deadline: 17th August 2019 – Places will be offered by 30th August 2019 – please send completed application forms to email@example.com
Any queries: Please email Traci.Lewis@dartington.org with any queries that you may have.
The Social Enterprise Innovation Programme is supported by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds growth Programme 2014-2020