Phew, it’s been a busy week. I have done a lot of work. Don’t call me a hero, but I’ve done it all with a cold as well. Remarkable. It does mean that this week’s newsletter is a little shorter than usual as I’ve not had any time to mess around on social media do any research. Some good stuff though, so enjoy the news…
Yin: we had our staff away day this week and spent the day pursuing extremely wholesome activities – we did a raw cooking* class and then spent the afternoon doing yoga and meditating. (*raw cooking involves no actual cooking. Mainly chopping).
Yang: The day finished at 5pm. By 9pm I had consumed four pints of lager and a large McChicken sandwich meal with a strawberry milkshake.
I’ll leave it to you to decide which was more enjoyable…
Enjoy this week’s news.
It’s Friday 13th, and unluckily for you here I am popping up in your inbox again. Luckily for you, there is an enormous amount of social enterprise news to get your teeth into. The people who complain that this is too long are not going to be happy this week.
Enjoy your weekend – I’m off to see Blade Runner later.
It’s not long until our Third Sector Digital Leaders course gets underway on October 25th. If you still need a reason to book a place, here are five for you:
1. You’ll receive support for your charity or social enterprise to use digital more strategically. It’s no longer an option for third sector organisations to ignore digital; Third Sector Digital Leaders will help you to understand the risks and opportunities to your organisation. We’ll keep it as jargon free as possible.
2. You’ll hear from some of the finest voices working in digital today. We’ve got speakers lined up from RNIB, Small Charities Coalition, FutureGov, Services Sound and Vision, Green Park , Playtpus Digital and more. We’ll cover everything from fundraising, reputation management, service delivery and analytics through to recruitment and social media.
3. You’ll have fun! Let’s be honest, a lot of training can be pretty dull. This course certainly isn’t.
4. You’ll join a growing community of sector professionals tackling digital challenges together. During the course you’ll have the opportutnity to share ideas with other participants (including over a glass of prosecco) and you’ll then be able to join an active Facebook group of course alumni once the course is over.
5. You can still get an early-bird discount! We had an issue with our website which meant that I couldn’t turn off early-bird booking last week. I still haven’t got round to it…
Uh-oh, some of the letters have fallen off my subject line. Cough. Can you hear me? Cough. Someone give me a throat sweet. What’s this? A P45. How did this chap get in here? Cough. Nothing has changed! Nothing has changed! This introduction really isn’t going very well. I suppose we’d better just crack on with the news…